More than 20 Russellville High School students showed with excellence in the recent DECA Regional Career Development Conference at the Sloane Convention Center in Bowling Green and will advance to the state DECA Kentucky Career Development Conference on March 10-12 at the Galt House in Louisville.
DECA is the national association of marketing students. The RHS students placed out of 285 students attending the regional contest.
The 23 Russellville students who will advance to the state competition are:
• Troy Adams and Luke Boisseau – Video Electronic Advertising
• Jolecia Bigbee and Justice Turner – Prepared Business Presentation
• Phillip Crawford – Business Finance
• Jason Mitchell – Professional Selling
• Kathleen Noe – Entrepreneurship/Growing Your Own Business
• Taylor Daniel – Job Interview
• Chandara Vanna, Cassie Clayton, Kaitlyn Oakley – Fashion Merchandising Promotion Plan
• Lindsie Hutchison, Devonna Sydnor and Candace Washington – Advertising Campaign
• Amber Sydnor, Nathanshia Haskins and Kesi Neblett – Entrepreneurship/Growing Your Own Business
• Brittney Lyne – Job Interview
• Xavier Grainger - Professional Selling
• Chynna Covington – Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling
• Brian Clinard, Colby Nichols and Tacorian Darden – Video Electronic Advertising
According to the DECA website, the organization “enhances the preparation for college and careers by providing co-curricular programs that integrate into classroom instruction, applying learning in the context of business, connecting to business and the community and promoting competition. Our student members leverage their DECA experience to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, experienced leaders.”
Marketing teacher Paulette Smith sponsors RHS’ DECA club.