Magistrates approved the 2013-2014 Fiscal Year Rural Secondary program at the Tuesday, March 26 Logan County Fiscal Court meeting.
Greg Meredith, chief engineer for the state’s Transportation Department, spoke with the court and gave a breakdown of projected allotments and projects. Some of those improvements will include routine maintenance, drainage and shoulder improvements, resurfacing and the placement of a new guardrail. These are monies appropriated and applied by the state.
The allotment for the 2013-2014 fiscal year is $2,021,589, which is $150,000 more than last fiscal year, said Meredith.
The projects will include:
* Routine maintenance and traffic on 202.499 miles of secondary roads $903,300
* County judges expenses $3,862
* Flex Funds for projects $273,732
* Drainage and shoulder improvements and resurface 2.258 miles of KY 2377 from KY 106 (MP 0.000) to Duncan Bridge (MP 2.258) $313,165
* Resurface 3.298 miles of KY 664 from US 431 (MP 0.000) to Pleasant Run Creek Bridge (MP 3.298) $206,000
* New guardrail on KY 96 (MP 11.077-11.162) $27,712
* Resurface 4.708 miles of KY 2375 from KY 102 (MP 0.000) to KY 1041 (MP 4.708) $293,818