Registration for new students in the Russellville Independent School District will be held on Monday, July 28, 2014, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at both Stevenson Elementary School and Russellville Junior/Senior High School. Please note that this registration is for kindergarten through 12th grade students who are new to the district, not for returning students or preschoolers.
Kentucky law requires that all children be enrolled in school between the ages of 6 and 16. Children can enter primary school at age 5, but only if their 5th birthday is on or before October 1 of the current school year. (In other words, a 4-year-old who will turn 5 by October 1 can enroll in primary school this fall.)
Certain documentation is required in order to register a child in school, including:
- a legal birth certificate or other reliable proof of age and identification;
- a Kentucky certificate of immunization;
- proof of a preventable health care examination conducted within one year prior to initial entry into the school program and another preventable health care examination within one year prior to entry into the 6th grade; a Head Start and/or preschool physical exam may count as the initial enrollment school physical;
- proof of an eye examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist, documented on the Kentucky School Eye Exam Form; and
- proof of a dental screening or examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner, or physician assistant, documented on the Kentucky Dental Screening Form. (This form must be presented to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a 5- or 6-year-old child is enrolled).
Students who have previously attended another school district in Kentucky may be able to transfer some or all of the above documentation from their old school, but students moving into Kentucky from another state must provide the documentation on the required Kentucky forms.
A back-to-school bash for students returning to Stevenson Elementary School will be held from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 29, 2014. There will be an open house for returning Russellville Junior/Senior High School students on July 31, 2014, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.