Be sure to make plans to attend the KY/TN Grain Conference & Trade Show sponsored by the TN Soybean Promotion Board and B.R. Knuckles Insurance on Friday, February 21st! The Grain Conference will be held at the Logan County Extension Office located at 255 John Paul Avenue in Russellville. Registration will begin at 8 am and the program will conclude at 2 pm. Lunch will be provided. There are 20+ vendors that will participate in the trade show. The topics and speakers are as follows:
• Herbicide Resistance – Dr. Jim Martin, UK Plant & Soil Science
Dr. Larry Steckel, UT Weed Specialist
• Nitrogen & Seeding Rates in Corn – Angela McClure, UT Corn & Soybean Specialist
• Grain Crop Disease Update – Heather Young, UT Plant Pathologist
• P & K Fertility & Micronutrients – Dr. Lloyd Murdock, UK Soils Specialist
• Crop Variety Update – Bob Williams, W TN Area Crop Variety Test Coordinator
CEU credits and CCA credits have been applied for. Please RSVP as soon as possible by contacting the Simpson County Extension Office at 270-586-4484 or call the Logan County Extension Office at (270) 729-6323.