Three more burglaries in the City of Russellville have got police officers looking for any information to help with finding the individual or individuals responsible.
On July 31, 2014, at approximately 12:15 p.m., the Russellville Police Department responded to a call in reference to a burglary at Mr. Dee’s Barber Shop located at 348 Edwards Ave.
Upon arrival it appeared that the perpetrators forced entry into the front door and took several items from the business.
On Aug. 2, 2014, at approximately 11:15 p.m., the Russellville Police Department responded to a burglary at 103 Daleview Circle.
The victim stated that when he returned home he noticed his back door was open. During the search of the residence the victim discovered his 32 LCD TV was missing.
On Aug. 5, 2014,at approximately 11 p.m., a resident reported that three males had entered the home demanding items of value. At least one intruder was armed with a handgun and a shot was fired in the residence. No injuries were reported.
The three males exited the home with several items belonging to the residents. The suspects may have fled the scene in a lowered black dually truck, with dark tinted windows and chrome wheels.
Officials are obtaining leads and are searching for the suspect vehicle.
These cases are still open and the Russellville Police Department are encouraging anyone having any information on any of these crimes, to please contact the tip-line at 270-726-5050.
Tips from CrimeStoppers to help keep you, your home and belongings safe from burglars.
If you have ever found yourself locked out of your home, you probably tried to get back in by “breaking in.” Now if you were successful, just imagine how easy it would be for someone else to do the same!
The best way to protect yourself, your family, your home and your valuables against a burglary is to take preventative measures. Here are a few tips that may help keep your property safe and secure.
* Make sure you have deadbolt locks on all external doors. Sliding doors can be secured with a dowel in the inside track to jam the door.
* Make sure all windows are secured with locks or pins.
* DO NOT hide keys around the outside of your home. Keep an extra key with a trusted neighbor or friend in case you are ever locked out.
* Outside lights make excellent deterrents for burglars.
* Make sure shrubs and trees do not block windows or doors. These can be excellent hiding places for burglars.
* Make sure valuables, such as TVs, stereos, computers, jewelry, etc., are not visible from the street. Don’t entice the crooks.
* Get to know your neighbors. They can keep a vigilant eye for any suspicious activity in the neighborhood.
* Consider installing a home security system. There are a variety of home security systems – ADT security systems which offers video surveillance that can be viewed with an iPhone app.
* Don’t post your travel plans on social networks. Crooks scour these sites for potential victims.
* Leave shades and blinds in normal position to maintain the appearance that someone is home.
* Invest in light timers, especially for outdoor lights.