The Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau has made navigating the Bowling Green area even easier with the launch of its new app.
Available for free download in the iTunes and Google Play app stores by searching Visit Bowling Green, Kentucky or VisitBGKY, visitors and locals alike can make the most of their mileage in Bowling Green with the official destination app.
The mobile tool provides the most up-to-date details on area attractions, hotels, events, restaurants and shops.
Geared for visitors exploring the home of the Corvette or locals trying to make the most of their weekend, the new app’s dashboard allows the user to:
– Plan a fully loaded it itinerary by adding attractions, listings and events to your favorites.
– Search for restaurants, shops, and hotels by category or location.
– See what’s nearby with GPS- enabled directions and tools.
– Cruise the events section by interest category and even save to your phone’s calendar.
– Stay up to date on what’s new, special offers and discounts through the message center.
“We’re hoping to serve a different segment of visitors as well as local residents with this new digital platform,” CVB Marketing Director Marissa Butler said. “While some travelers still love to plan, enjoy and remember their getaways with printed brochures, others are navigating their entire trip online.
This new app puts up-to-date information right at their fingertips while they are in the destination, packaged in a much simpler format than our full responsive website that has lots of inspirational content and planning tools.”
Users of the app also can directly connect with the CVB on social media, read the ‘i love bg’ Blog, receive notifications of new offerings, and share listings with friends in their network via text, email or social.
Enhanced driving and walking tours will be available later this summer with added multi-media components. To learn more, go to https://www.visitbgky.com/app