October 24, 2013

Another dreary, rainy day in Spa and still pretty cool mornings. In fact one day this week the low temp got down to 39. If it keeps this up, it won’t be long till we see frost. Well that is Kentucky weather, unpredictable.

Beverly Whitson had back surgery this past week at North Baptist hospital in Nashville. She is now home and we sure hope this back surgery will remove all that pain she has been having. She seems to be doing okay.

Friend Marilyn Elliott has been in the hospital in Bowling Green again recently, is back home and hopefully feeling much better.

While Judy Jernigan and the family were on a cruise, she like me, sometimes falls, which she did. Of course she has a broken left wrist. Luckily she is right handed, even though there is lots of stuff she can’t do unless she has help. So help, help!

James and Sue Fuller are still having medical problems and James saw his Dr. in Bowling Green Friday for some tests. Hope he gets a good report this week. They both are having problems. They have a friend in Florida that calls and checks on them and she is Roberta Gilliam. She checked on them one day recently.

And cousin Lasley Johnson is feeling better. he is not able to do much yet, but at last he is improving slowly. Keep it up cuz.

I’m hearing from others that have been called by the scammers. Mary Timberlake, Louise Henderson and Lois Ann Cornelius. My advise is as soon as you hear what they are up to, hang up already. They can aggravate the socks off ya.

I’m already celebrating my birthday! Curtis and Brenda Coursey came awhile Monday night and brought me a card and gifts. Wasn’t that nice? On Wednesday Kathryn Stuart and son John Stuart came down, picked me up and we rode down to Dunmor to Haley’s Roost. We had a delicious lunch and then we road around for awhile. Kathy’s, or at least one of her grandchildren Jennifer and David Cato and little Henry, moved to Logan County, so they drove me by where I could see their house. She has another son Jammie and Darlene. They drove me by their house and later drove me to see her daughter Nancy’s house. I really, really enjoyed that. We have tried to think of how many years we have done this. I’d fix her birthday meal in June and she would always fix James and mine on October 24th, maybe not that exact day, and Bob’s which was November 13th. We had the best times and I got to eat lunch on his last birthday. Lots of memories.

Wanda Coursey said this morning that she was feeling better. Last week she had fallen and messed up her wrist and got a place in her head that needed stitches.

See ya next time.